Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ten Venn Diagrams

    In my last post, I wrote about how two separate worlds overlapped, in a venn diagram sort of way- which made me realize I'm sorta obsessed with venn diagrams!! They may be slightly nerdy, but they're beautiful and creative and colorful and quirky too! Here are a few of my favorite venns from around the web...

(via foodbeast)
     These colorful pancakes are made into a super cool edible venn! I'm not a big fan of cakes, but if somebody stuck a few candle in this and gave it to me on my birthday, I would be in birthday heaven. 


(via supermarkethq)
   Framed venn art!!! I can picture this print in a nursery, right next to another colorful venn print that replaced the word love with a baby's name! That would be the sweetest baby shower present!


(via collect3d)
     Combining broidery, venn diagrams, a pair of working clock hands AND crucial zombie info... why didn't I think of this?!?!! Although the venn clocks are no longer avalible, the artist responsible -Beth Cummings-  has an amazing etsy shop.


(via buzzfeed)
     Because I am such a closet nerd, I know that venn diagrams are often used to represent logical concepts. I also happen to love logic. I also love quotes. And art. And have a general appreciation of quirkiness all together. This diagram pretty much sums that up.


(via: unknown)

    I can't get enough of this venn doodle. Who knows if the artist was inspired by wishful thinking of just pure puppy love, but whichever the case, they were clearly smitten! ...not to mention whoever drew this fantastic diagram of love had excellent cross hatching techniques.


     Speaking of love... Valentines Day is around the corner. This print would make the lovleiest Valentine's card. And yeah sure, proclaiming your love via venn diagrams is slightly nerdy... but who says that's a bad thing!?!



(via lucinda)
     These beautiful venns were created by a 4th grade class as part of a geography lesson!!! UH-MAZ-ING!!! I want to frame them and put them in my bedroom! I'm telling you, the world would be a better place if we stopped underestimating the raw creativity and profound intelligence of all those babies out there!


     I love quirky tattoos! But nomatter how much I dream about getting one, they just aren't me... It's sorta like the pixie hair- everybody loves it, but only twiggy can pull it off.


 
(via buzzfeed)
     This is just silly! I couldn't help myself...c'mon, a unicorn and a narwhal!!!! I mean, unicorns ARE kind of overrated, in my opinion. BUT WHO ISN'T INTRIGUED BY NARWHALS?!?!?! They actually exist!!



(via flickr)
    This venn-like peice of art is magical and fancy and lovely and perfect in every way! It looks like it is the last illustration in a whimsical childrens book. Although it only whispers, "I'm a venn diagram!!!", it's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...