Saturday, February 12, 2011

Je sais cuisiner!



 

     A few Christmases ago, I was determined to get the ultimate cook book. I was planning on making a productive but also fun New Year's resolution (as apposed to the "Drink less coffee" and "Never take the elevator" kinds), so I resolved to cook more often, which, turned into sometimes cooking and often baking. Nevertheless, I needed a fantastic cook book to start the year off right. While weighing my options at the bookstore, I immediately decided against Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking and all of its reputation. I don’t care if I can make the best beef bourguignon in all the land, as long as it's not the same beef bourguignon that everybody else takes to the pot luck. Alas, on a shelf below Julia Child, rested a brightly colored book with a catchy minimalist title - I Know How to Cook. I flipped it open to find that not only was the cover memorizing, but so was the inside! Tons of poppy prints filled the inside- I had never seen such a beautiful cook book. And on the inside of the cover, it explained that the book has been the best selling cook book in France, where it was originally published, AND it's a customary gift to new homeowners and young couples! From now on, I think I'm going to do it the French way and give this book as a housewarming gift! Besides, if they don't cook, they could always hang it on their wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...