Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wabi-Sabi



    Wabi-Sabi is a Japanese concept that means “a way of living that focuses on finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay.”
    I LOVE this Buddhist (from the 3 Marks of Existence) idea of ephemeral and organic beauty. It makes me feel like saying, "This world often sucks, but so what?! I'm going to appreciate this world and everything in it for its imperfect and terrible beauty!!"
Thus, the start of my very first blog.



P.S. Wabi-Sabi is untranslatable from Japanese to English! Here are some other beautiful words that are untranslatable too!! My favorites are Toska, Tartle, Ilunga, Huggelig, Ya'aburnee, and Duende (I'm going to start using them in my every day conversations!)
20 Awesomely Untranslatable Words!!!!!! What are your favorites? Do you know of any untranslatable words?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...