Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dead week is among us



     Dead week- The duty of students to rally every last ounce of strength and motivation left in their malnutritioned and sleep deprived bodies to run head-on towards the last week of the semester. It's time to tackle papers, projects, and deadlines with gusto.

     A personal characteristic of mine (to which I owe this very blog), is procrastination. To those out there who do not know what that is, two things- one. We cannot be friends. and Two. Procrastination is the crafted art of doing all the things you don't have time for.

     In efforts to maximize my time by combining play with work this dead week, I've come up with a few tips for you. I've found a lovely (and absurdly true) essay on How To Bullshit Your Way Through Any Essay. It's priceless, in every sense of the word.

     And when your brain finally feels like a bowl of soggy cereal, take a breather from actually having to think. My go-to mindless entertainment is stumbleupon. Click, look. Click, look. It's numbingly simple.

     When all else fails, try daydreaming about the light at the end of the tunnel. I like to imagine myself in the picture above (which I ironically found on stumbleupon). Isn't it sooo dreamy, and very very far from deadlines of any kind!

Good luck everyone!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...