Friday, March 11, 2011

Dead butterflies


     I love beetles. And dead butterflies. They give me the jeebies, but in a good way. So, of course I'm dying to visit The Evolution Store, a fantastic shop in New York  with a taxidermy and entomology department (which was featured on Unruly Things). Before you freak out at the though of decorative dead insects and rodents, consider this- It's part beautiful and part creepy, which is always a recipe for something magical!  

P.S.-Before I die, I will have a framed collection of beetles hanging on my wall. But for now, take a look at some of my favorites:

In my opinion, this is the loveliest Butterfly.
...but how can I not mention the runner-up?
Who said Moths aren't beautiful??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...